Managing a massive amount of data manually in an organization can be a tedious task and may involve a high risk of errors that can hamper the growth of the organization. The data is scattered across several systems in a company such as ERP, CRM, inventory system, and many others.
Integrating the scattered data into a single platform can help companies to develop useful insights from them that further helps them to make decisions that assist them to stand out among their competitors.
What is data integration?
The process of integrating data is called data integration, which is performed using different kinds of data integration tools. A company can avail data integration services to get all its data analyzed so that only useful and relevant is shared into the data integration platform.
Data integration tools assist in the integration of data from multiple on-premise or local data sources. The tools are installed in the private cloud or local network so that they can optimize native connectors for loading information from various data sources.
The tools with data integration API delivers data and promote connectivity between programs and devices. Using effective data integration tools can provide you the following benefits:
- Simplification of data: Among all the functions of a data integration tool, the most important is the simplification of data. Making sense out of scattered data can be a time-consuming process. The tool helps in analyzing tons of data and gathering important information into a common space that is easily accessible by management and team members. Breaking down the complex data into useful insights never seemed so easy as it is with the help of data integration tools.
- A lot of effort and time saved: With so much intense competition in the market, time becomes a major factor that can turn the tables for you. Therefore, it is essential for every organization to integrate data in a less time-consuming and effective manner. Data integration tools automate the data integration process and eliminate the need for manual work that consumes time. They also save resource time that indirectly reduces costs.
- The chances of errors reduced: Any manual processing of work involves more chances of errors. Integrating data of an organization means gathering data from different source systems into a single platform, and manually performing the integration process may result in incomplete or inaccurate data sets that can harm organizational growth.
With precise cloud data integration tools in place, the data can be centralized, and any changes or updates in the data can be viewed in real-time. This will help in reducing discrepancies and ensure that the data is accurate and reliable.
- Increased value: Data is available in multiple formats such as graphs, web-based programs, and others that help in easy identification of issues. With proper analysis of a company’s data, one can quickly identify issues that can harm the growth and success of the company so that the same can be identified and rectified within the right time. More accurate information, more the value derived from it.
- Easier access to data: With cloud data integration tools, the employees, management, and partners of the company can have real-time access to the relevant data and information. The centralized presence of data ensures its easy access, and the same can be shared so that it can be effectively used for current as well as future projects.
- Automatic transforming of data into a common format: Data integration ETL is a process that simplifies the extraction, transformation, and loading of data into a centralized workplace. At first, the data is extracted from multiple data sources, and then the same is transformed into a common format. Once redefined into a common format, the data is cleaned and then loaded into the data warehouse from where it is accessible to the company’s management.
Breaking down the big data silos and deriving insights from them can prove powerful when used precisely.
To get ahead in the competitive market, it has become necessary for every organization to use all its data wisely. An organization can select a data integration tool or a set of data integration tools after analyzing their data integration requirements correctly so that they can make the most out of their integrated data.